Since its inception in 1968, the Friends of Bassett has been an active force of support for many of Bassett’s major projects. As the Bassett services have expanded into a network across eight counties, including five network hospitals, so too has the work of the Friends expanded. More than 3,000 active donors give to the hospitals and health centers of the Bassett Healthcare Network each year.
Community support makes a tangible difference for the Bassett Healthcare Network. Contributions fund state-of-the-art equipment, new programs and initiatives, and medical education—all to benefit our central New York residents.
The Friends efforts are guided by a volunteer board of directors, comprising local community and business leaders.
What we do
The following is a list of some of the key projects supported by the Friends of Bassett Healthcare Network in the past decade:
- Little Falls Hospital Emergency Department renovation
- Little Falls surgical suite renovation; radiology and heart care expansion
- O'Connor Hospital emergency and outpatient modernization projects
- O’Connor Primary Care Expansion Campaign
- Relocation and renovation of the Bassett Birthing Center
- Establishment of the Bassett Heart Care Institute
- Addition of the Bassett Medical Center fifth floor ICU/SCU
- Expansion of the School-Based Health Center network
- Creation of the Mobile Cancer-Screening Coach
- NYCAMH- Rollover Protective Structures program
- Opening of Middleburgh and Richfield Springs health centers