Bassett's Valentine's Soiree, held February 9, was a tremendous success thanks to our sponsors and participants. More than $160,000 was raised to support Bassett Medical Center’s Arts in Health Care program, an evidence-based initiative that is designed to reduce stress and promote healing among patients, their families, and providers through artistic engagement.
Honorary Guests for the evening were Flis & Andy Blum, strong supporters of the arts and Bassett Healthcare Network.
To see photos of the event, please click here.
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
The Table Rock Group at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
The New York Susquehanna & Western Railway Corp.
Preferred Mutual Insurance Co.
Thuillez, Ford, Gold, Butler & Monroe LLP
Bank of Cooperstown
Casella Waste Management of NY, Inc.
Commercial Investigations LLC
Epic Landscapes, Inc.
Mirabito Energy Products
Northern Eagle Beverages, Inc.
O’Connor First – Attorneys at Law
DJ Sound FX, 8-11 p.m. in the Iroquois Room
Variety of artists who support Bassett’s Arts in Healthcare Program will offer performances between 9-11 p.m. in the Fenimore Room
Cupid’s Craft Corner:
Guests had an opportunity to be an active participant in Bassett’s Arts in Healthcare Program by creating Valentine’s cards to be given to patients in the Oak Room throughout the evening.
Live Auction Items:
Donated by Albie Alvarez-Cote
Dates based on availability, to be arranged with owner.
- Waterford, ME, 3-night stay for 2 adults at Bear Mountain Inn with romance or relaxation package
Donated by David & Susan Theobald
Mid-week stay or available weekend. Exp. March 20, 2020.
- Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head, SC, 7-night stay for 8 in a 3-bedroom, 3-bath vacation home
Donated by Connie & Mike Jastremski
Available September 1 – December 31, 2019.
- Hobe Sound, FL, 7-night stay for 4 adults in a 3-bedroom, 3-bath private townhouse
Donated by Dr. Paul Jenkins
Limited to adults age 30 and over. Available February 15 – April 30, 2019 or January 2 – April 30, 2020.
- Four-course dinner with wine and beer pairings for 20 guests in the Diamond Rush barn at Miner's Village
Donated by Herkimer Diamond Mines
Date to be arranged by winner with Miner’s Village. Exp. December 31, 2019
- A la carte dinner with wine and champagne toast for 12 guests in the Pioneer Wine Room at The Otesaga Resort Hotel
Donated by The Otesaga Resort Hotel
Date to be arranged by winner with The Otesaga. Exp. December 31, 2019
- Two pairs of tickets (4 total) to two performances at the 2019 Glimmerglass Festival
Donated by Glimmerglass Opera
Available between July 6-24. Includes admission into the Intermission Club.
- One-year family membership to Munson-William Proctor’s Museum of Art
Donated by Munson-Williams Proctor's Museum of Art
- Old Town Sorrento 126 Cloud Kayak
Donated by Pepsi
Includes Eco H20 paddle and Old Town Universal personal floatation device.
- “Nurses Have Hearts” 3D serigraph/silkscreen on paper art by well-known NYC artist Charles Fazzino
Donated by StatStaff Professionals
19” x 14” framed. 2015. #9 of #50. Includes leather bound book of artists work.
- A unique hand-painted furniture piece with a Cooperstown scene in the folk art style
Painted & donated by local artist, Marge Landers
- “Kingfisher Tower” photography by Sam Ross
Donated by Sam Ross
Area businesses sponsor the event and receive benefits and tickets for their generosity. For information on becoming an event sponsor, please visit our become a sponsor page.