Bassett Medical Center
Bassett Medical Center is where people in the region come for advanced care, such as open-heart surgery, da Vinci® robot-assisted surgery, specialized cancer treatment, advanced vascular care, trauma care, neurosurgery, and advanced orthopedic and spine care. The hospital houses the Bassett Heart Care Institute and the Bassett Cancer Institute.
The Bassett Healthcare Network includes four area community hospitals:
- Cobleskill Regional Hospital
- O’Connor Hospital in Delhi
- Little Falls Hospital in Little Falls
- A.O. Fox Hospital in Oneonta
These hospitals provide acute inpatient care and 24-7 emergency care and have the latest in diagnostic equipment, such as MRI and CAT scan units. A fifth hospital, Tri-Town Regional Hospital in Sidney, provides 24-7 emergency care as well as laboratory, radiology, and other specialty services.
Like Bassett Medical Center, these affiliate hospitals have been serving their communities for generations and are trusted and valued contributors to the quality of life in a very rural region of the state.
Health Centers and Other Services
Beyond hospital-based care, Bassett Healthcare Network also includes:
- More than two dozen regional health centers throughout eight counties
- At Home Care, which provides services such as nursing and physical therapy for patients in their homes
- First Community Care of Bassett, a medical equipment supply company
- A.O. Fox Nursing Home in Oneonta
- Valley Health Services in Herkimer
- School-based health centers in 20 area schools
As a teaching hospital and medical school campus affiliated with Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons, and through a nationally renowned Research Institute, Bassett is continually advancing its missions of patient care, teaching and research, always anticipating and developing to meet the evolving needs of our patients. An article in The New York Times referenced Bassett’s employed physician model as one of the highest quality methods for delivering efficient care and a model to consider for reducing the overall cost of national health care.